Our Favourite 15 Self-Care Products
We know living in the midst of a global pandemic can be stressful, so we’ve decided to carve out an hour per day that’s dedicated solely to self-care. These products won't break the budget, and will help promote that calm, refreshed, and relaxed feeling.
1) Eucalyptus Peppermint Epsom Salts - Soothe your skin and muscles with relaxing epsom salts. Not only do they help combat stress, the eucalyptus peppermint scent is great to prep for bedtime, especially when you feel a cold or headache coming on.
2) Bath Pillow - Upgrade your tub game with a waterproof bath pillow. Bath pillows are a complete game-changer for neck comfort.
3) GoGo Quinoa Shells & Vegan Cheese - Vegan comfort food? Yes please. Made with 93% organic ingredients, this plant- based macaroni and cheese is creamy and delicious. Find it in the pasta aisle at our market.
4) Lavender Essential Oil - Diffuse lavender essential oil or rub it on the back of your neck. Inhale deeply and try the four square breathing exercise to help you relax. Breathe in for four counts, hold it for four counts, exhale for four counts, hold it for four counts, and repeat.
5) Tazo Zen Green Tea - Feel invigorated with this zen green tea that features lemon verbena, spearmint, and lemongrass.
6) Bija Keto Toasted Coconut Milk Chocolate - Calling all keto and low-carb lovers. This toasted coconut milk chocolate has four net carbs, three grams of protein, and all of the chocolatey goodness. Find this chocolate near the check-out tills at our market.
7) Freshly Cut Flowers - Buying flowers for yourself is completely underrated. Nothing beats coming home to a fresh, spring bouquet of bright daisies. The perfect budget-friendly pick-me-up.
8) Weighted Blanket - If you haven’t tried out a weighted blanket yet, you need to. Weighted blankets are one of our hands down best hacks for combatting anxiety, stress, and restless leg syndrome. It feels like a comforting hug and we highly recommend investing in one.
9) Cozy Pyjamas & Non-Slip Slippers - Can’t go wrong with cozy pyjamas and fuzzy, non-slip slippers. We like buying our pyjamas a size up for a comfy, loose fit (and it leaves some room for when we fill up on that vegan mac & cheese).
10) Deep Cleansing Face Mask - Deep cleansing face masks are a wonderful weekly routine. Pop on a teeth whitening strip and multi-task that self-care game.
11) Melatonin Sleep Gummies - These bedtime buddies boost your body’s natural sleep hormone to help mellow your mind and calm your senses so you can drift off into blissful, deep sleep.
12) Scalp Massager - A massager for your scalp, need we say more? There are some great waterproof ones that can be used in the shower to help relax scalp muscles and soothe a headache.
13) Mindful Elephant Coconut Water - We've been loving Mindful Elephant coconut water. Coconut water provides us with a natural source of energy and hydration. Find it on the shelves at our market.
14) Cold Therapy Ice Roller - The cold therapy ice roller from Amazon is truly the bomb dot com. Reduce puffiness, tired eyes, calm redness and inflammation, and relieve headaches with this fantastic little device.
15) Rock Salt Lamp - Rock salt lamps are great for bedtime when you still need a light, but don’t want the harsh effects of room lighting. They also provide health benefits because they are a “natural ionizer”, meaning they can change the electrical charge circulating in the air. This can improve air quality, boost your mood, and help with sleep.